Thursday, December 07, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Die Cutting Goodness with Deepti!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am back with some fun with the coordinating dies of a few stamp club sets. My idea was to focus on die cutting only.

Sometimes, working just with die cuts is pure delight and then you get to use all those papers that you have been hoarding LOL. Let me show you what I made. Here's the card:


STEP 1
Picking up the patterned papers, this was easy coz I decided to pick papers from one single patterned paper pad. There is no rocket science, as the patterned papers in a paper pad are already complimenting each other. All I did was to pick various patterns in neutral tone and one for the pop of color. You can do the same with other patterned papers too. You can even try rainbow colors or take reference from color palettes.



STEP 2
In my next step, I die cut the feathers using four different feather dies.



STEP 3
I die cut a few more pieces, like flowers, birds a vellum panel. In my image you see a tag die, I scrapped it for my design idea as it did not look right).




STEP 4
My final step I adhered all the feathers on patterned paper panel. Laid a vellum panel on top and put the rest of the dies together.



Finally, I stamped the sentiment on black card stock and added it to the die cut cluster.

Here is a close up of the card :)



I have used Feathery, Feathery Dies, and For the Birds Dies, Trendy Spring Bloom Dies and Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this Deepti! Such a brilliant idea, superbly executed.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this is just beautiful! Such a cool idea using all those fabulous dies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative take Deepti! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft colors and wonderful design for using design papers with your die cuts. Love all your mixed media elements, Dee. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)